ESM30/ES301L Motorized Test Stands with PC Control
The ESM301 and extended length ESM301L are highly configurable motorized test stands for tension and compression testing applications up to 300 lbF (1.5 kN) for laboratory and production environments.
The stands can perform a wide range of tests, including break testing, cycling, limit testing to a load or distance, load holding, elongation testing, tensile testing, compression testing, and more. Satisfy various test methods through an easy-to-use menu, allowing the configuration of test speed, force and distance limits, cycling, preload, and many other functions. The stands can be controlled via its console or PC.
Functions are offered individually through a unique "build-your-own" configuration platform. Order any combination of functions to customize the stand to specific requirements. Functions not ordered originally can be activated in the field.
A password can be set to protect against unauthorized changes. Modular mechanical design allows the test frame and controller to be separated for various mounting configurations
- Selectable speed units of measurement (in/min & mm/min)
- LCD display with UP, DOWN, STOP, and emergency stop buttons and variable function keys
- Password protection of test parameters, to prevent unauthorized changes
- Integrated travel limit switches
- Removable fixture mounting plate with matrix of threaded holes
- Stepper motor-driven, produces 0% speed variation with load
- Mounting holes for bench mounting
- Unique mechanical design significantly reduces column bending
- Programmable UP and DOWN button functions - momentary motion, maintained motion, or auto
- A wide range of force gauges and gripping fixtures
- Multi-function cables, gauge to controller (09-1162) Connects Series 5 and Series 4 force gauges to the controller. This single cable is used to transmit set points, overload signals, and force data.
- Serial cable, controller to PC (09-1056) Sends force and travel data on a single cable via RS-232 to a PC.
- RS-232 to USB adapter (RSU100)
- Bench mounting kit (ESM301-003) Consists of a set of mounting adapters, and four sets of hardware with Allen key to accommodate surfaces of various thickness. Recommended when ordering column extensions.
- Column extensions (ESM301-002-1, -2, -3) A spacer is supplied between the base and the column, increasing clearance between the force gauge and base (does not increase travel distance). Available in 6", 12", and 24", and custom lengths. Bench mounting kit is recommended
- Frame-Controller connection cables (09-1137, -1, -2) Permit the removal of test frame from controller for alternative mounting configurations.
- Competitor force gauge mounting kits
- Eye End Adapters Allow for quick grip installation and removal, and prevent grip rotation. Mount to common test frames, load cells, and force gauges